Players are paired each playday for a shotgun start at the assigned AWGA tee times. You may add your name to the Auto-Play List with the Playday Chairperson ensuring that you are on the playday roster unless you cancel for a particular playday. You may drop or add your name to this list at any time during the year.
If not on the Auto-Play List, please sign up in a timely manner with the Playday Chairperson.
Call, e-mail or text no later than noon the Friday prior. For last-minute cancellations, call the golf course.
For Make Your Own Foursome Playdays, you must sign up on the signup sheet (even if you are on the Auto-Play List) provided by the Playday Chairperson. If not signed up, you can play only if there is an open spot.
1. All competition shall be according to USGA and local rules. ALL PUTTS MUST BE HOLED OUT.
2. A new member must meet the following qualifications:
a. Have an established USGA handicap index of 54.0 or less or
b. Have 3 attested scores from any USGA rated golf course with a score of 120 or less. A potential new member may play as a guest up to 3 times to try to accumulate these score cards. Division of flights shall be determined at the first of each month by course handicaps to make the competition as fair as possible.
c. Member Handicaps will be determined on the 1st of each month and those will be used throughout that month of play.
d. For completion, member handicaps will be limited to a 40.2 index.
e. AWGA does not provide a fee reduction for joining later in the year. A potential new member joining after October 31 who does not want to pay the full dues may play as a guest through the end of the current year.
3. To be eligible for weekly awards:
a. Register in your flights on the playday sheet for your flight before going out to play.
b. Play within the AWGA tee times, with at least one other member of the Association.
c. Begin competition on the hole assigned by the Playday Chairperson.
d. You must play all 18 holes to be eligible for the day’s competition. In an effort to keep pace of play moving, AWGA implements a maximum stroke per hole - 10 for Par 4's & 5's, and 7 for Par 3's. Once maximum strokes are reached, that player is withdrawn from the
day's competition, but continues her round for GHIN purposes.
e. After play, record your score on the playday sheet for your flight. Signed, attested and dated scorecards must be placed in the container provided.
f. Adjust your score according to the USGA World Handicap System. Use your GHIN number to post your adjusted score. USGA WORLD HANDICAP SYSTEM - Effective January 1, 2020, Net Double Bogey is the maximum score you can post for any hole; Net Double Bogey (Par +2 plus any handicap strokes you receive). There is no limit to the
number of holes on which a score can be reduced.
g. Optional: If you would like to participate in the low putts, birdies, and chip-in competition, before play put a quarter in each pot and sign the sheet. You must post your putts, birdies and chip-ins on this sheet to be eligible to win. If you pick up on a hole, you can still win birdies and chip-ins, but not low putts. Carryovers are paid to the next
week’s winners in all AWGA events, including tournaments and playdays.
(1) The optional birdie and chip-in pots will be paid (if applicable) even if the minimum number of holes is not completed by all players. The putt pot will be paid if the minimum number of holes is completed by all players, otherwise it will be carried over to the next playday.
(2) Guests for a playday are not eligible to participate in the birdie, chip-in and putt pot.
4. Weekly Awards: Winners on regular playdays will be awarded points based on the system explained in paragraph d. below. Points are calculated and prizes awarded at the End of the Year Awards/Christmas Luncheon. All team events will be flighted according to the combined handicaps of each team members. Duplicate points will be awarded in the event of a tie.
a. Exception: Ace of the Month and Ace of Aces. A single winner will be determined by a scorecard playoff, beginning with the #1 handicap hole of that course. In the event of inclement weather canceling this tournament, the Ace of Aces is awarded to the Ace of the Month with the lowest score. In the event any of the Aces of the Month
cannot compete, the Games Chairman may select the next lowest score from the month to compete.
b. Exceptional weather conditions: If the golf course opening is delayed due to inclement weather, an official playday will begin no later than one hour after the scheduled tee time. If a playday is shortened by weather conditions, players must complete holes #1 through
#13 or more to qualify as an official playday. At the direction of the Games and Playday Chairmen, the playday event for that day may be changed or cancelled, in which case win points will not be awarded to anyone.
c. A minimum of 4 members must play in order for the competition to be counted as a regular playday. However, if there are 4-8 members competing, the Games Chairman will change the event for that day to Low Net Over the Field (not in flights) instead of the event listed in the schedule on line.
d. POINTS SYSTEM
1st Place 4 points
2nd Place 3 points
3rd Place 2 point
ACE of the Month 9 points
ACE of ACES 10 points
Participation 1 point
All ties in flights will be given the same points according to place of tie.
ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS will be given at the End of the Year Awards/Christmas Luncheon for:
1. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each 18-hole flight
a. 3 players in a flight - First place awarded
b. 6 players in a flight - First, second places awarded
c. 9 players in a flight - First, second and third places awarded
2. Ace of the Month for each month
3. Ace of Aces
A pin will be awarded to any member who breaks 100-90-80 for the first time during regular AWGA competition. An Eagle pin will be awarded to any member who has an eagle during regular AWGA competition.
5. Red/Burgundy (Back) Tees and Orange (Forward) Tees are set up at Lake Arlington Golf Course and Tierra Verde Golf Course. Each week members must select their preferred tees for the round by indicating that on the playday sheet and applying the appropriate handicap for net games. Failure to do so will not allow you to accumulate points and play in team events.
Note: For all tournaments that enable a player to enter her
score in GHIN, all players in the field will be required to play from the Red/Burgundy (back) Tees.
6. A Member may opt to join AWGA’s Hole-In-One Pot for $5. The total pot and a pin will be presented for a hole-in-one made on any AWGA playday or tournament. If more than one occurs on the same day, the total Pot will be shared and a new Pot created. In the event the fund is
disbursed, there will be a $5 fee per member to replenish the Pot. If there is no winner prior to the End of Year Awards/Christmas Luncheon, the Pot will be divided into $50 increments and paid out via a blind draw (only members that contributed to the HIO Pot will be included in the blind draw). Any leftover funds will be carried over. Members may opt in to a new $5 HIO Pot for the following year. The Board will keep the HIO Pot in a separate fund from the operating
7. A Most Improved Golfer award will be presented at the End of the Year Awards/Christmas Luncheon to the member showing the most improved handicap index during the year, A member is eligible for
the award if she has completed at least 20 AWGA playdays and/or tournaments.
8. Guests are welcome on any playday on a “space available” basis.
NOTE: Please call the Vice-President with any news of an illness in a member’s family in order to notify the members as soon as possible. The Vice-President will send a card. A charitable donation of $50 will be made upon the death of a member or a member’s spouse.