Players are paired each playday for a shotgun start at the assigned AWGA tee times. You may add your name to the Auto-Play List with the Playday Chairperson ensuring that you are on the playday roster unless you cancel for a particular playday. You may drop or add your name to this list at any time during the year.
If not on the Auto-Play List, please sign up in a timely manner with the Playday Chairperson. Call, e-mail or text no later than noon the Friday prior. For last-minute cancellations, call the golf course.
For Make Your Own Foursome Playdays, you must sign up on the signup sheet (even if you are on the Auto-Play List) provided by the Playday Chairperson. If not signed up, you can play only if there is an open spot.
1. All competition shall be according to USGA and local rules. ALL PUTTS MUST BE HOLED OUT.
2. A new member must meet the following qualifications:
3. To be eligible for weekly awards:
4. Weekly Awards: Winners on regular playdays will be awarded points based on one winner for up to four members in a flight. Points are calculated and prizes awarded at the End of the Year Awards/Christmas Luncheon. All team events will be flighted according to the combined handicaps of each team members. Duplicate points will be awarded in the event of a tie.
1st Place 3 points
2nd Place 2 points
3rd Place 1 point
ACE of the Month 5 points
ACE of ACES 10 points
All ties in flights will be given the same points according to place of tie.
ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS will be given at the End of the Year Awards/Christmas Luncheon for:
A pin will be awarded to any member who breaks 100-90-80 for the first time during regular AWGA competition. An Eagle pin will be awarded to any member who has an eagle during regular AWGA competition.
5. A Member may opt to join AWGA’s Hole-In-One Pot for $5 and an annual $1 fee. The total pot and a pin will be presented for a hole-in-one made on any AWGA playday or tournament. If more than one occurs on the same day, the total Pot will be shared and a new Pot created. In the event the fund is disbursed, there will be a $5 fee per member to replenish the Pot. If there is no winner prior to the End of Year Awards/Christmas Luncheon, the Pot will be divided into $50 increments and paid out via a blind draw (only members that contributed to the HIO Pot will be included in the blind draw). Any leftover funds will be carried over. Members may opt in to a new $5 HIO Pot for the following year. The Board will keep the HIO Pot in a separate fund from the operating budget.
6. A Most Improved Golfer award will be presented at the Christmas Awards Luncheon to the member showing the most improved handicap index during the year, A member is eligible for the award if she has completed at least 20 AWGA playdays and/or tournaments.
7. Guests are welcome on any playday on a “space available” basis.
NOTE: Please call the Vice-President with any news of an illness in a member’s family in order to notify the members as soon as possible. The Vice-President will send a card. A charitable donation of $50 will be made upon the death of a member or a member’s spouse.